Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Slow start

Off to a slow start. We've said goodbye to our family, friends and neighbors.  Finally moved aboard only to be held up by winds blowing in excess of 35. Dave said there's no reason to beat up the old girl, that would be me not the boat  ( she can take it). We've had a comfy / cozy berth at the  wharf where the Hindu usually ties. The beautiful Hindu is on her way to Key West having left less than a week ago she is already in the Carolinas. Must be nice to have a great crew, including Mike Winkler and his son. They do watches, 24/ 7 and just keep going. They will be there before we leave Massachusetts. We'll do it our way; stopping every night in a new place. Taking in the sights, meeting new friends, and enjoying each day. The Richard & Arnold is as prepared as she can be. Tanks full, plenty of water, gas and food. I've learned how to use my phone as a hot spot so I can send out emails, check the weather, blog and do everything I could do from land. The only things my floating home lacks are: TV (don't miss it one bit), a dishwasher (using less dishes anyway), washing machine (we can wear our clothes a little longer). We are anxious to cast off and it looks like Wednesday AM we will be heading for the Cape Cod Canal. I hope to keep my friends informed of our travels and add a few pics as we go along, I will post a blog weekly. We are heading to Martha's Vineyard for our first stop, after that we'll check the charts, tides and weather each night, and then select the next stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment