Thursday, May 14, 2020

Hold on to the love

Our losses are magnified because we feel them together, but are alone and we can't be together to hold each other during this grieving time.  Our community is mourning the death of Scott Stewart. I met him through my friend, Dianne whose daughter married him. His family adored him. He was fifty-one years old, witty, energetic, helpful, a loving husband and father, and the kind of man that people love being around. He grew up on the lower cape. He worked hard, rebuilt houses including his own, loved the beach, and he had many friends.

His wife Tracy will feel the pain the most, you could see the love they shared when they were together. A friend sent this to me after David died. I don't know who wrote it:
"I believe the hardest part of healing after you've lost someone you love, is to recover the "you" that went away with them."

It takes a long time; patience is required. I cry on a daily basis, but I also laugh, enjoy a good meal, cuddle with my pooch, and love. I love my sons, their families, my friends, my dog, and a walk on the beach. I was told that love never dies and I believe it.

They say we are in this together. We are. I feel your lose, Tracy. You will move forward  taking the love with you. It does take time, the ache lessens but never goes away. The days will bring sunshine and eventually joy, because love never dies.

Oh WOW:
Three wild turkeys just walked past my window, the dog started baking like mad, and I laughed till I cried. I told DD to stop barking, let them be, you never know - if things get really bad they may be our Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm sending you some love today. Fair winds.


No comments:

Post a Comment