Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day on the Richard & Arnold

It may be frigid, but my thoughts of home and family warm the cockles of my heart. Here in North Carolina it is 30* with a wind chill to 20*, the sun is out and it will warm to 35, in two days it will be 50 degrees and then wow - 60. Spring will come to Oriental sooner than the Cape and if Dave and I time it right, we may get to see two springs this year. On our daily walk along the Neuse River I noticed that Daffodils are peeking out of the ground 8 inches.  I know Cape Cod won't see them until next month. We are planning on heading north sometime in March, most likely toward the end of the month and with travel upon the water it all depends on wind and tide. It will be with mixed feelings that we head home. We've met some really terrific people here and this experience has opened our eyes to all that we are still capable of. Perhaps we will be fortunate enough to be able to return next year. We know it won't be with the Richard & Arnold. She's too big, too deep for the inter-coastal waterway. But we thinking about different arrangements.  Today being Valentine's day I wanted to tell so many people how much I appreciate their friendship, support and kindness over the years. I won't name names, the list is too long, you all know who you are. Listen to me - You All. Love the way the people say that here, with just a little southern inflection. I have worked out how to drop a picture into this blog, sometimes these things are easier when you don't know what you're doing, this one just happened. Nice. I thought you might like to see what our lifestyle is like. It's a little smaller than my kitchen table in Truro, but we have everything we need. I keep a list of books I've read this past four months, I count 18 so far. Dave and I have computer CD's and now we are streaming Netflix - Dave has discovered Facebook -  sometimes I have to tell him to turn it off. "I can't believe how much stuff is on here!" he tells me. I catch him laughing at the jokes and grumbling about some of the stories, but it is entertaining.                  Roses are Red, Violets are Blue
                                                                If it wasn't for Facebook
                                                                We wouldn't see you
                                                                So keep up the posts, the jokes and the pics
                                                                And we'll follow you're food, your pets and your flix's.
                           
                                        Y'all have a  Happy Valentine's Day- from the crew of the Richard & Arnold
                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment