Sunday, May 13, 2012

Nautical Twilight Live

www.provincetownfishwife.com The Provincetown Portuguese Festival and Blessing of the Fleet committee is having a fund raiser -- One of the guest speakers is me.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever expect to be talking and reading from my own book - Nautical Twilight. I am excited to share my work with the town that inspired it.  The fund raiser begins at 12 noon on May 20, 2012 at the Red Inn on Commercial Street. Cost is $15.00 at the door. I will be speaking around 1:15. I'd like to thank the committee for giving me the opportunity, I consider it a privilege. Last Sunday and Monday I went fishing on the Richard & Arnold with Dave for squid. I spent Sunday night aboard in Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard, but was so tired that I didn't go ashore, I didn't touch land until Monday evening when we unloaded 1400 pounds. It took me two days to recover, so this Mother's day I'm having a day without touching the Ocean and Dave is catching squid without me. I only feel a little guilty. Next weekend I'll be dressed in my finest  instead of boots and oil gear and I'm hoping I can get Dave to give up a day of squid to come to the talk at the Red Inn, after all the story is really about him. Hope to see you there or at the Portuguese Festival on the last weekend in June. I'll have a table on Ryder Street to talk, sign and sell books. My friend Nancy Bloom will have her photos of the Provincetown Regatta on tiles, in frames and on calenders. Dave just called, he's on his way in from fishing and is coming home tonight to wish me a happy mothers day, now I really am having the best day possible. To all the moms out there in cyber land I hope your day is as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment